Thursday, October 29, 2009




I have been thinking a lot about secret wishes recently, not just about that, but mostly that.  After the obvious list of peace, happiness for all, the end of poverty, and the beginning of a profound new enlightenment, the thing I wish for most in the world, above any material “thing” no matter how shiny, or soft, or sweet it is to smell, would be blue eyes.  Big blue eyes that put oceans to shame and men’s hearts into their stomachs.  Blue, blue eyes that challenge the 64 pack box of Crayola crayons.  Eyes that can reach down into the souls of people and manage to find the good, no matter how negligible the good really is.  Blue reminiscent of Louis Armstrong and Charles Brown.  Blue like my lips when I’m cold, or my mind when I’m sad or the color of my tongue after a blue-raspberry Italian ice that costs $1.50 from the good humor truck in the middle of July.  They say that everyone wants what they can’t have.  Well, I have a lot of things.  I have a charming little room, a healthy body, a face prone to outbursts of smiling, a mom and a dad who are my friends as well as parents, and a door covered in letters from my beautiful friends.  I have an education, and food in my belly, and a boy who calls me pretty when I come home from school.  I have many things, but I don’t have blue eyes, and this is what I want.

5 comments:

  1. oh, this post is so beautiful dear. your words are so magical. i too keep thinking about secret wishes. i wish a fairy would fly to me one day and give me 3 wishes. though i am not really sure what i would wish for. stay magical dear, from suzannah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue, blue eyes really sounds so beautiful and magical, don't they?

    Thank you for the sweet comment, I'm using me new Nikon D3000 for my pics and I edit them using Photoscape:)

    Happy Friday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could always get contacts? hehe.
    beautiful post.
    happy christmas. xx, krissie

    ReplyDelete